In recent years, there have been numerous scientific medical studies that have proven the benefits of breast reduction surgery including the overall improvement of women’s health and longevity as well as their quality of life. The following articles, website links and other resources are here to help you gain extra knowledge and acquire additional information about the benefits of a breast reduction.
Avosant Surgical Associates (Main Site)
Consumer Resources About Breast Reduction Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons - Consumer's Guide to Breast Reduction
American Society of Plastic Surgeons - Breast Reduction
Physician Credentials for S. Daniel Golshani, M.D., F.A.C.S.
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
American Board of Medical Specialties
(866) ASK-ABMS or (866) 275-2267
American Board of Surgery
American College of Surgeons
Surgery Facility Accreditation for Rexford Surgical Institute
Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
Finding A Good Bra
Nordstrom Lingerie Boutique
Physical Therapy Aids
1. Achilleas, T., Sprague, S., Veltri, K., Duku, E., Furlong, W. (2007) Methodology
and measurement properties of health-related quality of life instruments: A prospective
study of patients undergoing breast reduction surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery, 120 (1), 13-26.
2. Andrades, P., Prado, A. (2007) Understanding modern breast reduction techniques
with a simplified approach. Journal of Plastic, Reconstrutive and Aesthetic
Surgery, 61, 1284-1293.
3. Chiummariello, S., Cigna, E., Buccheri, E.M., Dessy, L.A., Alfano, C., Scuderi,
N. (2007) Breastfeeding after reduction mammaplasty using different techniques.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 32, 294-297.
4. Kellett, S., Clarke, S., McGill, P. (2007) Outcomes from psychological assessment
regarding recommendations for cosmetic surgery. Journal of Plastic, Reconstrutive
and Aesthetic Surgery, 61, 512-517.
5. Keskin, M., Zekeriya, T., Savaci, N. (2008) Seventeen years of experience with
reduction mammaplasty: Avoiding a vertical scar. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,
6. Neto, M., Dematte, M., Freire, M., Garcia, E., Quaresma, M., Ferreira, L (2008)
Self-esteem and functional capacity outcomes following reduction mammaplasty.
Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 28(4), 417-420.
7. Saariniemi, K., Keranen, U., Salminen-Peltola, P., Kuokkanen, H. (2007) Reduction
mammaplasty is effctive treatment accorindg to two quality of life instruments.
Journal of Plastic, Reconstrutive and Aesthetic Surgery, 61(12), 1472-1478.
8. Sood, R., Mount, D., Coleman, J., Ranieri, J., Sauter, S., Mathur, P., Thurston,
B. (2003) Effects of reduction mammaplasty on pulmonary function and symptoms
of macromastia. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, 111(2), 688-694.
9. Stevens, W., Gear, A., Stoker, D., Hirsch, E., Cohen, R., Spring, M., Vath,
S., Schantz, S., Heck, R. (2008) Outpatient reduction mammaplasty: An eleven-year
experience. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 28(2), 171-179.
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4