Many of our breast reduction patients fly in from all around world to have surgery with Dr. Golshani, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Los Angeles. We have several options for our out-of-town traveling patients.
FLY-IN CONSULTATION & PHYSICAL EXAM
||Our staff will make every effort to accommodate patients who have the
means or prefer to fly-in for a consultation and exam. Our offices and surgery
center are conveniently located 20 minutes from Los Angeles International
Airport (LAX) and 30 Minutes from Burbank Airport. In order to make your
experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible, we have hand-selected
luxurious yet affordable hotels and restaurants, located within minutes
of our Beverly Hills offices, making it convenient and hassle-free for you
and your loved ones.
"VIRTUAL" ONLINE PRE-CONSULTATION
The Avosant "virtual" online consultation is ideal for our out-of-town patients who prefer to have a pre-consultation with Dr. Golshani prior to flying in for an actual in-office consultation and physical exam. Via email, phone and/or fax, potential breast reduction patients can share information about their current medical condition, send current photos and discuss concerns, goals and available options.
To get started, please contact us with the following information:
- Contact Info (Phone, email, etc.)
- Breast symptoms such as back, neck and shoulder pain, skin irritations, bra-strap grooving and shoulder cuts, etc. Please visit our Symptoms page to get more information on the physical, psychological and social symptoms of having large, heavy breasts.
- Body Weight & Height
- Bra Size
- Estimated Weight of Each Breast.
- Medical History including all current medications, allergies, past surgeries and hospitalizations, family medical history (i.e. breast problems), current health conditions (i.e. high blood pressure, infections, diabetes, psychological problems etc.).
- Please attach to your email four (4) current "before" photos of your breasts and shoulders to be evaluated by Dr. Golshani. Photos are the best way for us to "virtually" examine your breasts and should be taken with the following in mind:
- Use a solid background.
- Take first frontal photo with your body (breasts and shoulders) facing forward.
- Take second frontal photo with your body (breasts and shoulders) turned slightly to the side (right or left).
- Take two side photos of your breasts and shoulder – one to the left and one to the right.
Dr. Golshani will then assess whether you are a good candidate for breast reduction and our Patient Coordinator will contact you to set up either a phone or in-office consultation and to discuss all surgical fees, related expenses and hotel or post-operative care accomodations.
|This is also the best time to contact your health insurance company and verify coverage for your breast reduction surgery. Insurance companies require authorization before the surgery, even if all criteria for coverage is met. Without prior authorization and understanding what your insurance will cover, you may end up with unexpected and significant out-of-pocket expenses. Therefore, it is very important to take the time and find out whether your health insurance policy includes breast reduction coverage as well as the established criteria used in determining this coverage. Please keep in mind that it may take several weeks for insurance companies to respond.
For more information about the insurance process, common health insurance criteria for breast reduction surgery and how Avosant’s insurance specialists can help you with the process, please visit the insurance coverage section of our site.
Once you have decided to proceed with breast reduction surgery and your insurance coverage is approved, our Patient Coordinator will personally assist you with the scheduling and payment process as well as travel arrangements. Please keep in mind that fly-in breast reduction patients should plan to stay in the Los Angeles area for approximately 7 to 10 days to ensure proper post-operative care. After returning, we will work with you to locate a local physician for check-ups or to return back to us for a in-office follow-up visit, if necessary.
Back to the Top